As a Windows user, you are bound to experience missing DLL file errors. When that .dll missing error appears on your screen, you will need to do something. DLL refers to Dynamic Links Libraries. It is a storage point for various files that support other applications. If a particular file is missing, you may not be able to perform a certain function on your computer. The best thing is that dlldownloads may help resolve most dll missing file errors.
When are you likely to receive DLL file missing errors?
Applications require various codes to run on your Windows PC. Unfortunately, the files that carry these codes could be missing or corrupted. When this happens, you will receive a notification telling you that there are some missing dll files.
How can You fix missing DLL files errors?
You can fix DLL error using one of the mthods:
Re-install the faulty software
A dll missing error may come from a particular application or software. And if this is the case, you can fix the issue with the utmost ease. How can you do this? Below are the steps:
- Head to the control panel on your computer.\
- Look for the application that’s causing the problem and uninstall it.
- After that, go to your browser and search for the application you deleted.
- The objective is to download it and install it. Therefore, ensure that you are downloading the file from a legitimate source.
- Once the software is re-installed, all the missing dll files will have been replaced.
- Restart your PC to complete the process, and you will not encounter that error again.
Copy DLL from another computer
Sometimes you may be trying to run an application that was designed to run on an older system. If you run it on another window version, you will undoubtedly need the right dll version. To do this, follw the steps below:
- Find a healthy system.
- Copy the dll file that you need and use it to replace the outdated files.
- If you cannot find the latest dll file, check to see if any developers are offering it online. The chances are that you will find it.
Whether you are tech-savvy or not, you can fix missing DLL file errors on your PC. You require basic computer skills. Moreover, if you are always working on a computer, fixing these minor errors should not be a problem. Try the solutions we have listed above to resolve missing DLL file error promptly.